The Queensland mining industry is a leader in the international market, offering world class production of minerals and energy resources. Major mining operations are located throughout the state, with the government also opening up large areas of unexplored land to encourage investment in emerging and existing commodities.
THIS PAGE IS PROUDLY SUPPORTED BY
The Queensland Government recognises the pivotal role mining plays in the State’s economy now and into the future. With exploration success critical to the sector’s sustainability, the provision of pre-competitive geoscience data through the Geological Survey of Queensland reduces uncertainty and ensures direct support for exploration activities.
QUEENSLAND RESOURCES AND INFRASTRUCTURE MAP
The Queensland resources and infrastructure map is a helpful tool to discover at a glance Queensland’s major resource basins, projects and infrastructure locations.
THE QUEENSLAND GLOBE
The Queensland Globe is an online interactive mapping tool for viewing physical, geographical and spatial data.
Access over 600 spatial data layers on Queensland roads, rail, property, topography, mining and exploration, land valuations, land parcel information, water levels and more.
- Access to real-time spatial data – anywhere, anytime – through your computer, tablet or smartphone web browser.
- New measuring tools and the ability to save, share and download maps and searches.
- Pinpoint your location and access data when in the field.
- Browse information about single parcels of land, including a property’s official annual valuation, closest public transport routes and more.
- Explore pre-set topics of interest for faster search results.
- Create multiple places of interest to explore a range of locations or different data layers.
- Add and save your own data, or share what you’ve discovered with others.
MinesOnlineMaps makes it easy to identify resource opportunities across the state by letting you view, query, analyse, extract and print spatial information about the mining and resources industry. Access is free and no registration is required.
- geological and geophysical data
- information on exploration and production authorities
- information on geographic constraints and barriers
- native title information
- links to company exploration reports
- access to data from QSpatial
- access to web map services.
QUEENSLAND SPATIAL CATALOGUE
The Queensland Spatial Catalogue is a Queensland Government initiative to a geospatial portal that allows public access to Queensland Government spatial data and information.
This service is a Queensland Government initiative to provide improved public access to a variety of spatial and associated data. You can discover, display, select and download or order data over an area of interest in selected formats, including map coverage data, image data and text file data.
You can search for downloadable datasets, pre-packaged datasets, live data and maps (web services), spatially related applications, Queensland Globe KML files and services and offline data.
The Queensland Spatial Catalogue lists spatial data holdings for the Department of Natural Resources and Mines, as well as spatial data contributed by many other departments.