Australia’s Critical Minerals Strategy outlines the government’s policy framework for our critical minerals market.
It targets actions in 3 areas:
- promoting investment in Australia’s critical minerals sector and downstream processing
- providing incentives for innovation to lower costs and increase competitiveness
- connecting critical minerals projects with infrastructure development
These steps aim to position Australia as a world leader in the exploration, extraction, production and processing of critical minerals.
- Our vision, goals and actions
- The opportunity for the critical minerals sector
- Market opportunities for lithium, cobalt and rare earth elements
- National actions on critical minerals
- This strategy is a key part of the government’s plan for the resources sector, set out in the National Resources Statement
- The Government launched Australia’s Critical Minerals Strategy on 28 March 2019
- Read a review of opportunities and research needs for critical minerals in Australia by Geoscience Australia
- Read more about how we are supporting the resources sector